DirectoryENG

Classificação
Featured/Unfeatured
Claimed/Unclaimed

Description: The Iberian Museum of the mask and costume is based on a partnership between the municipality of Bragança and the Diputación de Zamora. Inaugurated on February 24th, 2007, the Museum is intended to preserve and promote the identity and culture of the peoples of this border region, united by thousands of years of history. Part of costumes and masks characteristic of certain events of carnival festivals in winter of Tras-os-Montes, Lazarim and Zamora district, allowing the visitor to be contacted at any time of the year, with a multitude of festivals, rituals and characters, unique elements of our culture. Opening hour: 10am - 12:30pm | 2pm – 6pm

Description: Centre of contemporary art, which opened in June 2008, originated from the agreement signed in February 1999 between the cities of Bragança and Zamora. The center of contemporary art Graça Morais aims to promote awareness and knowledge of national and international contemporary art in general, and the work of the painter Graça Morais, in particular. It is based on a dynamic programme of temporary, collective and individual exhibitions, reinforced by the framework of multidisciplinary initiatives, through the Organization of educational programs that promote, expand, and keep the public interested in contemporary art. The Art Center also has as objective the creation of a collection of art, from donations, works in deposit or direct purchases. It was designed by the architect Eduardo Souto Moura, winner of the 2011 Pritzker Award (the highest award in the world of architecture).

41.805714,-6.752923

Description: Major collections that make up the Museum's collection are archaeology, epigraphy, sacred art, paintings, gold, coins, furniture and ethnography. The Museum's collection has been enriched with donations, donations and purchases. The Museum was created by the decree law, 13th of November of 1915, under the name of Regional Museum of Art, archaeology and numismatics of Bragança. In 1935, the date of retirement of Abade de Bacal, changed name to Museum Abade de Baçal, in honour of the research scholar and director of the Museum between 1925 and 1935. It has been of great importance to the action of the Museum Dr. Raul Teixeira, director between 1935 and 1955. He was one of the main promoters of the culture of the region and defender of their assets and played a decisive role in the projection of the Museum and the creation of a significant part of its collection, thanks to the excellent relations that he had with cultural and artistic media of the time. Opening Hours: Tuesday to Friday: 10am - 5pm Saturday and Sunday: 10am – 6pm Closed to the public: Mondays

41.910617,-6.929299

Description: created for the dissemination of the results of the research conducted in the Lorga Dine, enabling visitors to understand the historical and archaeological importance of the site. Located in Dine 26 km from Vinhais.

41.692563,-7.030649

Description: located in the former House of the parish priest of the village of Agrochao, Vinhais. It is divided into three rooms which, in a dynamic and interactive way show how one lived in a village in the interior of the country. There is a Roman altar dedicated to the road gods, Marco Atio Galo, dating from the 2nd century. Opening hours: by appointment.

41.692984,-7.029812
+351278349000+351278349000

Description: located in an old olive oil mill in the village of Agrochão, Vinhais. This is a project with a didactic purpose to strengthen the memory and to inform more young people as is towards traditional olive oil production. Opening hours: by appointment.

41.592691,-6.586556

Description: This museum dedicated to the Judaism has two rooms: one for temporary exhibitions and one for permanent exhibition that exhibits the offices of the “marranos” and the religious part.

41.84375,-6.959023

Description: former primary school in the village of Vila Verde, 7 km from Vinhais. It Integrates a wide collection that transports visitors through the classrooms of former times. Its collection focuses on the objects used in everyday life of several schools in the municipality of Vinhais and is divided into several nuclei. Opening hours: by appointment.

41.832631,-7.007453

Descripción: the building attached to the church of São Francisco of great architectural value, continued by the church of our Lady Nossa Senhora da Encarnação. Here you can to see a vast artistic patrimony, related with popular religion. Opening hours: Wednesday to Saturday – 10am to 5pm, (Opened on holidays: 9:30am to 1pm and 2.30pm to 6pm)

41.3990778, -6.3682445

Description: The Eco-museum Terra Mater - Earth Ecomuseu Miranda focuses on four key elements - water, earth, fire and air. Submit advocacy and recovery related to these elements and practices developed region.

Showing 1 - 10 of 119 results