Date: Early Iron Age (12th century B.C.) Description: Castro (name given to a Roman or pre-roman castle) of the villages of Aldeia Nova and S. João das Arribas is one of the first examples of the Iron Age, later Romanized, probably kept till the Middle Age. To the east is the River Douro. Classification: National Monument. Decreto de 16-06-1910, DG n.º 136, de 23-06-1910
Date: Medieval period /Modern period Description: three altars are distinguished in the main ship (Our lady of Rosário, the Souls of the Purgatory and the Sacred Heart), a niche with an image of Saint Luzia, the granite pulpit and next to the vestibule the baptismal granite sink. Estado Conservação: Bom
Average price: €25 to €45
Special offers: Discounts for frequente customers
Services and comforts:
Sales point of diversified regional products: Cured Meats, Regional Wines, Port Wine, Licors, olive oil, cheese, nuts, olive oils and wines of Quinta Romeo.
Open daily 8:00 a.m. 19:00
Closed Sunday afternoon.
Description: Responsibility of Palombar - Associação de Proprietários de Pombais Tradicionais (traditional pigeon house owners association), a nonprofit organization whose purpose is to contribute for the recovery, conservation and revitalization of the traditional pigeon houses of northeast region.
Date: House of the 17th century
Description: Manor House of the Pimentel Family is a baroque mansion on two floors, with the main facade to the street named Rua Direita, which bears on the main floor the coat of arms of the families Morais and Pimentel, from the 19th century.
State of conservation: in the restoration.
Source: Património dos Concelhos da Terra Fria Concelho de Bragança VOLUME I
Description: It is not known when built or what monarch was responsible for its location but some authors argue that it was the King D. Dinis. Because of its border location, the castle had great military significance, because the territory has always been desirable by neighbouring monarchs.
Evaluation: Valued as property in the public interest, Dec. N ° 36383 DG 147, 28 June 1947.
Date: Religious monument dating from the second half of the 18th century.
Description: The façade of this Chapel is covered with yellow and black tiles of template. Work of the then modern rococo architecture.
State of conservation: good.
Legends and traditions: Legend has it that on a summer day was a girl that didn’t speak with cattle in a place called Pereiros, when she approached by the Virgin dos Remédios that offered her water from a fountain. Returning home the girl was thinking about a way to transmit these events to her family, when she realized that she could already speak.
After some time, when the girl was sleeping, the Virgin appeared again, taking her to a thread of water that came out of the ground. Cured by the Virgin the girl sang a hymn of praise and asked why she was blessed by the Virgin. The Virgin told her that the people of the village were not very devout and ordered her to tell the people not to work on Sunday and not miss mass.
The third and last appearance there was, once again, on the River Bank, near the chapel Dos Remédios. The girl saw the Virgin in a cloud. The Virgin sent her to tell the people of the land to change the temple to the top of the village, where they saw a circle of snow that would indicate the location and size and gave them some gold coins to help its construction.
Date: for some authors the church is of the 16th century.
Description: the church has the main entrance covered by a portch, inside of which you find a sink of rock. For this church a set of boards, discovered for the priest Francisco Videira Pires that represent scenes of the life and death of Christ as the Quo Vadis, the meditation of St. Peter, the women saints next to Christ on the Cross and the punishment of St. Peter.
State of Conservation: reasonable
Location: São Pedro de Sarracenos, Bragança
Source: Património dos Concelhos da Terra Fria Concelho de Bragança VOLUME II
Description: former primary school in the village of Vila Verde, 7 km from Vinhais. It Integrates a wide collection that transports visitors through the classrooms of former times. Its collection focuses on the objects used in everyday life of several schools in the municipality of Vinhais and is divided into several nuclei. Opening hours: by appointment.